Southtowns Walleye Association of Western New York, Inc.
5895 Southwestern Boulevard,
Hamburg, NY 14075
For Media Inquiries Contact:
HAMBURG, N.Y., – February 22, 2018 – Southtowns Walleye Association of Western New York Inc. (SWA) (www.southtownswalleye.org) held its annual Harry A. Smith installation dinner for its Officers and Board of Directors. The organization which boasts over 1,000 members annually supports kids fishing, philanthropic and conservation programs for the Great Lakes region and was instrumental in pushing for the removal of gill netting on Lake Erie, helping to make it the great fishery it is today.
This year’s event took place on February 17, 2018 at Lucarelli’s Banquet Facility located in Lackawanna, NY for the official swearing in of its newly elected officers and board members. It also recognizes various members of the community and the club for outstanding service and dedication to furthering the organization and Great Lakes fishery.
David B. Woodworth former President of Southtowns Walleye Association of Western New York, Inc. presented his final Presidents Awards for 2017 to the following members:
- Amy Plecas, Colden, NY - Website and Fishline Publication
- Brian Plecas, Colden, NY - Website and Fishline Publication
- Carol Scott, Hamburg, NY - Clothing and Promotional Items
Additionally, Sue Guenther, newly elected President of Southtowns Walleye Association of Western New York, Inc. presented the remaining 2017 awards to the following individuals:
- Jason Robinson, Aquatic Biologist, DEC - Conservationist of the Year Award
- Gene Pauszek, Dunkirk, NY - 11.4 lb. walleye - Lou Podger Senior Angler Award
- Lana Woodworth, Angola, NY - Youth of the Year Award
- Julia Stechenfinger, Sloan, NY - Youth of the Year Award
- Sheriff Timothy Howard - Public Servant of the Year Award
- Rusty Ellis, Silver Creek, NY - Larry Scheffler Memorial Award
- George Szczublewski, Hamburg, NY - Special Recognition Award
- Fran Brobeil, Brobeil Marine - Sponsor Award
- Matt Taylor, XOAR Communications - Sponsor Award
Previous year James Ridge Award Winner Franklin Thompson presented this year’s award to:
- Mike Jackson, Hamburg, NY - James Ridge Memorial Award
Previous year Harry A. Smith Award Winner Sam Schrecengost presented this year’s award to:
- Bob Fessler, Orchard Park, NY - Harry A. Smith Memorial Award
We would like to thank each of these individuals for their continued support and dedication to improving our fishery and our organization, and look forward to more great work from our membership and the community.
Southtowns Walleye Association of Western New York, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving fishing opportunities in the region for all individuals. With a clear focus on kids, community, conservation, and philanthropy our various programs support these pillars for a strong future generation of outdoorsmen and women and our fishery. For a complete listing of descriptions of each of these awards and to learn more about our organization, please visit www.southtownswalleye.org or stop by our facility located at 5895 Southwestern Boulevard, Hamburg, NY 14075, Tel.: 716.649.8202, Fax: 716.649.8237, Meetings are held the third Thursday of each month at 7:30pm and are open to the public.
Posted on Thu, February 22, 2018
by Brian plecas